Puppy Sales Agreement
Terms of Sale:
1. A non-refundable payment to hold in the amount of $500 is due upon receipt of contract. Payments to hold are transferable to another puppy up to 1 year. If a puppy has not been chosen within one year, they become non-transferable and non-refundable. All balances must be paid in Cash, unless other arrangements have been made prior. *Puppy BALANCE DUE at pick up less deposit $
**Texas residents must pay sales tax.
2. The litter is Registered with ____
3. All Shih-Tzu bred and sold by Broken Halo Ranch LLC, Shih-Tzu have been examined by a Licensed Veterinarian prior to sale and are guaranteed to be sound and in good health at this time.
Exam Date: Findings:
Fecal Result: Heartworm
Food Eating: _______
4. We guarantee that the puppy is in good health on the date of sale/delivery. The Buyer will have a 48 hourcomplimentary health guarantee, additional guarantee available for purchase. Buyer has 48 hours(excluding Sunday) to have the puppy examined by a Licensed Veterinarian. Failure to have your puppy examined within that time frame voids this guarantee. Buyers must provide the Seller with exam report within 2 days following examination. Report must be sent by email to email@example.com. Failure to notify seller of examination results voids this guarantee. If the puppy is found at the time of sale to be unfit for purchase, by a Licensed Veterinarian, due to illness, disease, or congenital disorder documentation must be submitted to Seller confirming, illness disease or congenital disorder within 24 hours, so our veterinarian can review. If confirmed at that time the puppy must be returned to the Seller including all paperwork within 3 days. At that time the seller will refund monies paid in less the non refundable payment to hold. If buyer decides to keep the puppy following diagnosis, this guarantee is void.
Seller will not be responsible for bacterial infections, hypoglycemia, parvo, distemper, corona virus, canine influenza, Pneumonia, or kennel cough 48 hours after transfer/sale, as these can be contracted immediately after leaving seller. Guarantee does not cover non-life-threatening conditions or conditions considered common in the breed, including but not limited to cherry eye, stenotic nares, umbilical or inguinal hernias, entropia, or BOAS.
**Stenotic nares are common in the breed, especially during the teething cycle. This can take place from about 6 weeks until approximately 6 months or more. This term is used very frequently by vets to encourage families to have surgery to open the nares. This is unnecessary. Teething causes swelling in the bronchial tubes, gums, ear canals and nostrils as well as a low-grade fever, all common. Snorting, clear discharge, tearful eyes are all common as well in the Shih Tzu during teething. Shih Tzus are bred to have flat faces and therefore the flatter the face the more likely your shih tzu will experience pinched nostrils when teething. We have never needed to have one repaired.
Buyer has the option to purchase an extended health guarantee past the included 48 hour guarantee as follows
*Excludes any purchases under $800.
• 12-month limited genetic health guarantee, should the puppy be diagnosed within the first 12 months of life with any congenital or genetically obtained disorder, which is considered life threatening or alters its quality of life, Buyer must submit documentation from Licensed Veterinarian supporting diagnosis, and provide Sellers Veterinarian time for review. At that time the Seller will replace the puppy with one of equal quality and value upon availability. O cash refunds. Replacement puppies are not always readily available. If Buyer chooses to keep the puppy after diagnosis is made, this health guarantee becomes void, and no replacement puppy will be offered in the future. *Additional $400
5. We cannot guarantee dilute puppies will not have dilute alopecia in the future. Dilute alopecia is manageable with diet, vitamins, and medicated baths as indicated and monthly medications like Vectra 3D
6. If the puppy is transferred, sold, bred, or given to another party this guarantee is void.
7. Buyer shall maintain the puppy in good health, including adherence to a regular immunization schedule and heartworm preventative documented by a Licensed Veterinarian.*WE DO NOT recognize vaccinations that are not given by a licensed Veterinarian once they leave our possession.* Buyer must offer good high-quality diet, fresh water, and clean safe environment. We do not guarantee against conditions brought on by stress or environmental changes after the puppy leaves our care. Therefore, we do not guarantee against hypoglycemia, demodicosis, coccidiosis, giardia, malnutrition, or parasites. Seller is not responsible for any vet fees or medication incurred.
8. There is no guarantee that the purchaser will be able to breed or show the puppy, regardless of show or breeding potentials. Regardless if purchased with FULL or LIMITED AKC. There is no guarantee on color or size.
9. Male pup has two testes at the time of sale. Yes or NO or NA TBD
10. The Buyer agrees that the Seller may repossess the animal upon evidence of neglect and/or abuse at no expense to the Seller, and no refund of monies.
11. Buyer agrees that at any time he/she is unable to care for the animal that the Seller will be informed immediately and given the animal back.
12. All Vet fees occurred by the Buyer are the sole responsibility of the Buyer and under no circumstances be paid by the seller.
13. Any dispute or litigation concerning the health guarantee that cannot be settled by both parties, must be settled in Bell County, Texas. This is a legally binding document in the event of legal action Buyers will pay legal costs including but not limited to Sellers’s attorney fees and legal costs.
Buyer (s) Have read each page and fully understand this agreement and acknowledge a copy has been provided by the Seller.
Buyer Signature __________________________________
We have several gorgeous babies looking for homes! Please check out the Nursery for more information